It’s been two years since I began my business, and I have grown so much from it; both professionally and personally. Below are 20 startup tips I have for aspiring entrepreneurs.
1. Find a strength for your weakness.
2. Work with people that are just as passionate about the business. You have to be “all-in” and fully committed to the business.
3. Always think “how can I add more value to the end user?”
4. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
5. Realize that as an entrepreneur, you are innately optimistic. Try and step outside yourself, ask others, and try and be more realistic.
6. Networking is more important than you can even imagine. Never eat alone. Ask lots of questions to people who have been there and done that. Surround yourself with wise people. As Jim Rohn said “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
7. Make mistakes; just don’t do it again. Embracing failure and learning from your mistakes is integral to growth.
8. Money is always problem. Deal with it.
9. Continually innovate and think outside the box.
10. Never lose focus on your mission.
11. Customer service should always be a core value.
12. Write down and document everything. Be concise on all documents. The devil is in the details.
13. Don’t underestimate the power of social media.
14. Write a SWOT analysis of every one of your competitors.
15. Periodically revise your business plan to better organize your thoughts.
16. Communication is key.
17. Every single night write a to-do list for the next day and don’t go to bed until you complete the tasks.
18. There is no clocking in or clocking out. Work is never done, you just have to decide what not to do.
19. Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.
20. Nothing is a greater high than when people use your product and see value in it.
Posted by Navid at 9:16 PM 0 comments
Labels: Startup Tips